February 15, 2008

One thing about having a two-year-old...she certainly won't let me wallow in self-pity or stay down for long. O received two helium balloons for Valentine's Day, a heart-shaped one from Marc's mom and from Marc a GINORMOUS one with monkey faces on it that plays...I kid you not..."I Got You, Babe." These two balloons have followed O all over the house for the last day and a half, bumping into door jambs and spontaneously bursting into song. This morning, I woke a bit early, intending to get some stuff done on the computer before O got up, but her spidey sense told her I was awake. I didn't hear her door open, but there was no missing her approach...she came running full-tilt into the dining room, huge smile on her face, balloons streaming out behind her, and a full head of crazy blond bed-head bouncing to the unmistakable tunes of Sonny and Cher. It was a great way to start my day.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

So sweet! This post brought a smile to my face. Isn't it wonderful when they wake up happy and energetic? Wish I woke up that way every day!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

How sweet! I hope that made your day wonderful!
Kids just have this wonderful way of making people smile.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

That is so cute. I wish you lived nearby too so I could give O a big squish and send her on her way with my kids so you and I can "hang".

12:57 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

They have such an ability don't they?!
I often find myself smiling from ear to ear thinking of randon things Emma has done.
Genuine.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

That is so sweet. Reminds me of my daughter when she was that age - including the bouncy blond hair. This made me smile. Thanks.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home