November 13, 2007

We are still several months away from the first anniversary of Olivia's diagnosis, but as we get closer to the holidays I have started thinking about it more. I think that it is because it's painful for me to think about last year's holidays now that I know that Olivia was sick and feeling so badly and we didn't know it.

I look at photos from last Christmas and in a lot of them O looks exhausted, with bright red cheeks and circles around her eyes.

I found this picture today.

 
Posted by Picasa


It was taken a year ago, give or take a few days and in it, Olivia is wearing her hair exactly as she is wearing it right this minute. She's changed so much - that is what I would be saying about this photo, if diabetes hadn't arrived, but what I can say now is that everything has changed so much. We had no idea what was just around the corner when this photo was taken.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

God bless you! You have dealt with so much this year. I know that my parents went through a great deal with me after my diagnosis, but hearing it from a parent's point of view through your blog, is very eye opening. I need to go hug my mom.

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel so blessed to have met your family and for you to share your struggles like this. Hugs to you and O.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Paige said...

thanks, cara - definitely go hug your mom.

alli - that means so much. thank you!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I often find myself looking at photos of Emma before DX. it is weird, uncomforting, sureal, existing, peaceful, hard, fun, but mostly it is my little Emma.
Olivia is a doll...!:)

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home