November 08, 2007

Oh, are we here already?

A few weeks ago, Olivia and I spent some time with a friend and her two children, one of whom had a toy cell phone that was irresistible to Olivia, despite the fact that she three of them at home. She played with it all day, searching it out when it got away from her and not wanting to share it with Miles.

As I got our things ready to go later in the day, what did I happen upon in our diaper bag? That's right. She had squirreled the phone away. Pretty clever. I didn't say anything, just took the phone back out of the bag and left it.

This evening, I found a tiny toy car in the diaper bag. My first thought was that she had brought it home from playgroup today.

"Where did this car come from, Olivia?"

"It's mine."

"Where did you get it?"

"Someone gave it to me."

At this point it starts to dawn on me that we might be getting a bit far afield of the truth.

"Who gave it to you?"

"Katy." (We know several.)

"Katy who?"

"Katy [my last name]." (No such person.)

Marc burst out laughing in the other room. I was dumbfounded. I let it go for the time being, until we go back to playgroup and I find out whether or not the toy belongs there, but I don't know quite what to do with this. Is she already stealing and lying? Am I going to have to bail her out of a tiny pre-school jail?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

Fabulous. Do you think they make them wear stripes in tiny pre-school jail??? LOL
:)

10:00 PM  
Blogger Paige said...

...banging on the bars with their little sippie cups...

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home