November 29, 2007

Alish pointed out that we are getting into the "what I had for lunch" portion of NaBloPoMo, so rejoice in the fact that there are only two more days.

All the facials in the world could not have kept me from being a stressed-out harridan today. O's bad behavior fed into my bad behavior, repeat. I hate to end a day feeling like I have been a bad parent. Just when I thought I had gotten myself back together, I tried to get a piece of gum that O found in my purse out of her mouth. She, of course, bit the hell out of my finger and I screamed, which completely freaked her out. That's the thing...I can't freak her out. It is not in my job description to lose it. And I hate knowing that my loss of control makes her feel unsteady. That's not fair.

Parenting is a crash course on Discovering Your Un-Resolved Issues.

In other, better news, O's numbers were pretty much gorgeous today.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

aw. :( I'm sure you are a wonderful father. It's pretty damn hard to remain totally calm when someone is chomping on your finger, regardless of their age.

I'm glad O's numbers were so good today. T hat helps!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I think screaming is warranted when one's finger is bitten by the very sharp ferret teeth of a toddler.

So, what DID you have for lunch?

Maybe the last post for these NaBloMo (did I get that right?) should be about what we had for lunch.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Cara said...

I have to say that I laughed out loud when I read this post. I'm sure you aren't a bad parent. Sometimes kids just get to you. I don't speak from the experience of having my own children, but I do speak for the experience of working with children for 8 years. It happens. And how true it is that kids feed off you and you feed off them in a vicious cycle of bad moods or stress! I hope the day is better today. :)

1:43 PM  
Blogger Paige said...

today was only slightly better, but I feel less crazed. thanks everyone.

shannon - I had soup for lunch and it was fabulous.

11:40 PM  
Blogger courtney said...

congratulations on NaBloPoMo. you did a great job. i'm bummed it's over because i've so looked forward to your post each day.

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home