November 26, 2007

Well, I guess it had to happen some time.

Olivia's finger, meet Olivia's nose.

Olivia has spent some real quality time with her left nostril this weekend. She's had a cold and the air in our house is kind of dry, so she has an excuse, she tells me. I have been trying to introduce a tissue into the friendship, but three's a crowd, I guess. I turned around today just in time to see her wipe a "discovery" on the couch. I stifled my, "oh gah, gross" and explained again that there is a better place for such waste and no, that place is not Mommy's pants. (Side note: as a child, I once watched another, smaller child follow his mother through a store "decorating" her skirt.) I have a feeling that I am fighting a losing battle on this one. It's just too tempting, too much of a biological imperative to get.in.there.and.get.that.booger. I'll keep waving a tissue at her, but consider yourself warned the next time you have us over.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger courtney said...

don't fret, she will grow out of it. she is a tiny little toddler. i think they all go through this phase. maybe she learned it from the president:
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blbushnosepick.htm

6:34 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Jessica was notorious for digging away and then eating it!! I used to make fun of kids in school who did that and now my own daughter was doing it.

Ugh.

It could either be a quickly lived phase she's going through, or it could be years before the fascination dies down.

I can deal with a lot, but boogers are my kryptonite.

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dissagree with your friends, it is not a phase, many of us adults are rabbit nose pickers and they dont grow out of it, they just start to hide it better

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Oh, the perils of parenthood!

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home