November 10, 2008

On Tuesday, Olivia and I spent the better part of the day at her doctor's office trying to find out why she couldn't pee. The morning started off rough with me edgy and impatient, just wanting the election over and in the bag, and then moved straight into Really, Really Bad with her having to be catheterized after the doctor was unable to get any urine to test for infection. By the time we got back to my mom's house - in what was my smartest move of the day, I had picked my mom up and taken her with us to the pediatrician's - Olivia was worn out and I was weepy. My step-father was - how shall I say? - less than excited or gracious about the turn the election was taking and very vocal about his feelings. It was not exactly what I had in mind for Election Night. By the time we got home and got the kids to sleep, I was done. I stayed up (of course), but it was more of a relieved "whew!" than an ecstatic "WOO HOO!!!"

Tonight, I found this link and as I watched, I felt tears come to my eyes and I got excited all over again. This video, of course, led me to many others similar in spirit and I spent about 15 minutes watching people in Seattle, California and Kenya celebrate a new beginning.



Olivia has been feeling much better and the pediatrician called on Thursday. She doesn't have an infection.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger alice said...

OK... but why couldn't she pee?!?

11:58 PM  
Blogger Paige said...

Right. Sorry. We're not altogether sure. She just potty trained, so there might be some, um, hygiene issues that might have irritated her.

6:18 PM  
Blogger alice said...

Ah. Kids can be very mysterious...

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home