October 24, 2007

Marc asked me as we left the endo office last week if I was going to be upset if O's A1c went back up and I gave him a whole "It's not a matter of if, but when" speech, complete with my full understanding of all the things that are sure to come up and disrupt her numbers as she grows - like stress, illness, puberty - and that we would just have to roll with the punches. And then we went home and O immediately got sick from her flu shot and her BS shot way up and stayed there and now I'm all, "Oh crap, there goes her A1c!!"

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

I hope Miss O gets better real soon :( Poor girl.

That one episode won't raise her A1C too much :)

Pat yourselves on the back if you can keep future A1C's in the low 8's or under.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

LOL! Poor O and poor you! If it is any conselation I know exactly how you feel. Hope she is feeling better soon.

9:59 PM  
Blogger eu said...

I work at dLife and I was wondering if you would like to be added to our diabetes blogger email list? Every week we send a fun video clip about diabetes. If you are interested, please contact me at urbahn at dlife dot com. Thanks!

1:12 PM  
Blogger KentT said...

Hi Paige,

Ups and downs are part of your's and Olivia's life. I hope Miss O feels better and returns to her bouncy self. 1 week of being off won't throw the A1c too much. You may need to roll with it and adjust. By the way, O is also beautiful. Erik is fine for now and with a sitter. My wife just had a son, our second child and our own. Erik is adopted. Loved the same. Best wishes!

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home