May 26, 2007

A sampling of the craptastic offerings that I managed not to score today at the St. Elmo Community-Wide Yard Sale:

-an enormous - and I mean enormous - glass jar full of dried beans
-an equally enormous black, plaster panther
-3,657 ratty-ass stuffed animals
-a wide assortment of material on the Second Coming and eleventy billion of those Sue Grafton books, you know the ones: "B is for Bludgen" or "P is for Patricide" or whatever

I love events like this. I finally got a smile out of the neighbor on the next corner, whom we see EVERY SINGLE DAY and had yet to respond to our hellos. Met the new neighbors up the street and relieved them of some of their herbs and a tomato plant. Avoided meeting the folks with seventeen weed eaters and seemingly every jar, can, mattress, and cigar box they have ever come across. Oh wait, they weren't having a sale. That's just their yard.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger mary said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:43 AM  
Blogger mary said...

you nailed it! what a great description of our colorful neighborhood + random collections. perfect! where do you live? I am at 4713 alabama. I am glad you liked my photographs. How did you find my blog (acmecatalyst)?

11:45 AM  
Blogger Paige said...

Glad that you appreciated the description, Mary! It occured to me later that this might sound a little snarkier than I meant...I thought the sale was great. I think that I found your blog via a comment you left on Josiah's. I love your photographs. Were they taken at Wheland?

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home