April 05, 2007

No sooner do we finally move out of the March Morass of Illness and Olivia wakes up sick again. I hate the feeling of helplessness. I hate that I can hear her raspy breathing from her room as she sleeps. Ever since she had the virus last year that we hypothesize may have kicked her diabetes into gear, I have this constant low-grade terror about what is going on in her body...what the diabetes is doing, what this cold or that virus might mean, is she running a fever or dumping ketones...is something else creeping up that we don't even know about yet? It felt so good to be able to breath a bit easier this week when she felt better; now I realize just how scared I am all the time about her health.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Hi. I saw your post over on Nicole's blog - Curious Girl - so I came on over here to check you out.

I have an Olivia, too, except she's 12. She wasn't much older than your girl when she was diagnosed. It was a scary, scary time and I'm sometimes amazed that I got thru it.

Anyway. Just wanted to say hi and welcome you to the OC. I always say we're the best bunch of people you never wanted to meet. :)

6:46 PM  
Blogger Nicole P said...

Paige - I don't even know what I can say. Except that you're doing the best you can, I know that - and that I hope O feels well soon. I'm hoping the summer brings you sunlight and healthy, happy months. - Let me know if you think there's anything I can do. In the meantime, I'll be thinking of you. - Nicole

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home