October 15, 2006

I've been on a bit of a blog hiatus. I don't really know why. There has been so much that I have wanted to write about, so much that I have wanted documented, but the words just haven't been flowing. I witnessed a birth this week and every time I try to write about it, I come up so short. I don't want to do it if I can't do it justice and I can't seem to right now.

For now, I'll just welcome the newest member of the extended clan...my friends, Katy and David have a spankin' new daughter. Her arrival was dramatic. Each time I see her sleeping peacefully in the arms of one of her parents, there seems this total disconnect to the fact that only a few days ago her birth was such a mammoth struggle for both her and her mother.

(One result for me of being present for E.J.'s birth is a renewed interest in the "are we/aren't we" debate sprinkled liberally with some of the "if so, when?" This is a fun game for everyone seeing as how it is chock full of all your big name worries: finances, aging, housing, etc. Good times.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home