May 25, 2008

Finally. A post that does not contain a video.

But it does include a meme.

I have done this before in another post, but Shannon tagged me [About a week and a half ago] and I think not responding to a meme brings you seven years of bad luck or something like that, so I guess I will get up off my blog-duff and post something.

Ten weird, random facts, habits or goals about yourself...

1. I have to keep to the same post-shower grooming technique every time I get cleaned up. I dry off, wrap hair in towel, brush teeth, put on moisturizer, put on deodorant, etc...it's all done in exactly the same sequence each and every time or I get a bit agitated.

2. I can never, ever remember what sour kraut is called. I see it...and draw a blank. I want some...but I can't remember what it's called. I get ready to ask Olivia if she'll have some for lunch...and have to ponder for at least 15 seconds before I can come up with it. Every time.

3. I have a perfectly clear memory of our Siamese cat using a brass spittoon as a litter box once. My mother insists this never happened.

4. I come to your house and have a meal with you? I'd love to help with the dishes, but the sponge by your sink gives me the heebie jeebies. Big time. Even at my mom's house, which is spotless, the sponge...it freaks me out.

5. When I was little, I wrote a story about a seagull. I wanted some alliteration for its name, but Simon just seemed too obvious, too pedestrian. So, he became Semen. Semen the Seagull.

6. I feel physical pain when watching people on TV be embarrassed. ON TV. NOT REAL PEOPLE. Whatever.

7. I used to think that I "hated" water and rarely, if ever, drank it.

8. I had a bright-red heart-shaped birthmark on my chest, but it faded.

9. I love an ellipsis. I use it (them?) way too much and not always properly.

10. I would like to go to a silent retreat. I think passing a weekend without saying a word sounds both damn near impossible and completely glorious.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

#6 Me too!

And my neice can't watch shows like America's Funniest Videos because when people get hurt or embarrassed on there it makes her cry!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I went to a retreat for a weekend in the Berkshires for my birthday. It was all yoga and massages and very granola. It wasn't entirely silent, but, during the EARLY morning breakfast, it was silent, so you'd have these hippies see each other as they walked in and give really exaggerated expressions like "Hey how are you!!!" and give each other nice warm tight hugs (I saw two men...straight men...do that) and it took all my might to not LMFAO because you know how it is when you're not allowed to talk...or laugh.

And I too like to use ellipses...way too often...and probably not correctly.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

I have to do everything in the same order every morning, too. It drives me crazy if things get out of order. It's just wrong.

I do hate water & only drink it when my blood sugar is extremely high. And the water has to be extremely cold. Otherwise, it makes me sick. Did you get over your hate of water?

7:29 PM  
Blogger Paige said...

Donna,

I did get over it. Water and coffee are pretty much the only things I drink now (as well as a couple of sips of juice each morning and the occasional "adult beverage" when I am not all knocked up). I like my water really cold though, also.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home