August 22, 2007

Just wanted you to know...

I heard O calling me from her room this morning around 2:30a. She wasn't crying, so I waited to see if she would go back to sleep. After a few minutes and a few more rounds of "Mommy," I got up and made my way to her. I knelt down next to her bed quietly because I had a feeling that she might actually still be asleep. She talks in her sleep sometimes and indeed, when I put my hand on her and she turned toward me, her eyes were still closed. She opened them then though and said to me as she patted the bed by her head, "This is my bed and it is for laying down, and this," as she patted her bum, "is my diaper and it's for pooping." Trying very hard not to laugh too loudly, I took the opportunity to say, "Yes, and so is the potty." "Um-hmm, that's right, so is the potty" she said, closed her eyes and went back to sleep.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Ooh, the power of suggestion, is...uh...powerful. This was almost like hypnosis.

I hope it works!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Hehehehe

6:38 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

LOL! What is is that they say about teachable moments? Take advantage of any opportunity. You sure are doing that! So sweet!

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home