December 28, 2006

Some of my favorite holiday moments:

Spending time with my ladies at the B&B. Despite runny noses (two), other unidentified lingering maladies (numerous), a schedule that would not be wrangled and a broken watch (Katy had a Bad Day), and overflowing Toddler Energy, Eden, Katy and I managed to steal some time one evening to drink wine and open lovely gifts. In the midst of an "Am I doing this parenting thing right?" crisis, it was a balm for my soul.

Taking part in my first Christmas celebration with my extended biological family. While I am sure that I will never be made fully aware of how my finding my biological mother and brother might have stressed them or any of their relationships, Marc, Olivia and I have always been made to feel so welcome. Everyone has done everything they can to help us find our place in the family. It felt good to be with them around the tree.

Watching Olivia CRACK HERSELF UP with the toy her aunt sent her. Over and over again, she laughed big belly laughs as she threw her head back and covered her face with her hands. She was the definition of fun.

Opening presents with O and Marc around the tree in our new house on Christmas Eve. Marc had to do rounds Christmas morning, so we celebrated a day early. It was nice and quiet and cozy.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad to be in the favorites....missing you so much already. wishing for the hold me commands, happy faces of o.!

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey. loved your holiday redux. this year the kelly-gupton holiday included all of us (7 for 7) succombing to a nasty stomach flu within 24 hours and an ambulance coming to get my dad on cristmas morning. we told the girls it was a modern sleigh. everyone is fine. i am glad to be back home and recovering. i will be missing you three this NYE in the NYC.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home