November 13, 2006

Let's Call This Song Exactly What It Is

I apologize for yesterday's post. The nadir of my NoMoBloPoMo showing, perhaps. There were supposed to be more confessions, but in the middle of spilling it, I thought, "What the hell am I doing?"

I will come clean on this though: For...I don't know...ten minutes maybe, this morning while listening to an NPR story on the Iraq Study group, the bi-partisan panel meeting today, I seriously thought that they were saying the Rock Steady group. I could not wrap my mind around it. How had I missed this? Was it for real? What were they trying to get across? I'm all for some Aretha, but this just seemed a strange place to try and bring the funk. Maybe I was wrong...I listened closer. Finally I decided they were saying the Iraq Steady group. Not quite as odd, but just as stupid. I mean, we get it. Jeez. Iraq Steady. Give me a break.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home