August 11, 2009

Last year we tried pre-school. She wasn't ready.

This year? This year she's ready!

And so, off we went this morning. She had her backpack and her kit. She had her gluten-free snacks and lunch with all the carb counts written out.

Her teachers had all their instructions and diagrams.

And me? I had all my free-floating anxiety. No, I was fine. Mostly because she was so excited.

 


And it went well. Better than that. It went great. And she's already looking forward to going back on Thursday. She played dress-up and made friends. She ate her snack and talked about books in circle time. She loves her teacher. She had fun. And not one tear was shed. My big girl.

 
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

YAY, Olivia!!!! xoxoxo

4:20 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

That is a HUGE milestone for everyone! I'm so happy it went well.

I remember being such a worry wort about Brendon being under the care of someone else when he entered preschool and like this, it wound up being better than I could hope for.

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Tony said...

oh so cute and ready for school...:-)

2:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yeah!!! That is great. I'm so glad that she is liking preschool. It's wonderful. For her and for you. :)

10:35 AM  
Blogger keysa71 said...

Go O! What a big girl! I'll be at the SCI Pediatric Clinic Opening on Thursday if you'll be there..... Otherwise, I'm ready for a lunch/ coffee/ something!

10:45 PM  
Blogger Kate Rudder said...

Just now getting around to catching up on roughly 2 months of blogs... What happens to the brain? So...how's school going? I hope still very well. This is such an enormous and log-awaited gift to BOTH of you. I'm glad I got to catch you on one of your new "free" mornings. xx

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home