February 05, 2009

Olivia has had her pump for almost three weeks now and while we have had some issues with it, I am already so mentally and emotionally far away from the shots that I don't think I can ever go back. It's as if we were, out of necessity and hardship, eating food that was half-spoiled. Day in and day out, we forced the stuff down until we got to a place where we hardly noticed that our food was rancid. And then one day...Fresh apples and oranges! Beautiful cuts of meat! Bowls of hot couscous! Brownies! And just like that, the thought, even the thought of eating that other becomes too horrible to bear.

OK, so I have some strong feelings about giving Olivia shots.

(Please. No offense at all intended to anyone who is on shots or giving their child shots. I am just so, so glad not to have to do it today. And I hope that we won't have to do it tomorrow.)

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And when you are out in public, it's nice to just fiddle around with her "cute little cell phone, ah..." instead of chase her around with a syringe and then jab her in front of strangers wondering "what the hell?"

Or is that just me? -- stellasmom

4:48 PM  
Blogger Paige said...

wow. no kidding. much, much nicer.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Doesn't it just make your life soooo much simpler? Hubby and I are always talking about how much more relaxed we all are now.

I'm glad that it is going well!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I know what you mean about being so far away from shots. While it has it's own challenges, the pump does make life seem more "normal".

And Brendon is completely removed from shots. He used to take them without flinching, but last year when his pump died, he was so uptight about getting them.

I'm glad things are working out!

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paige,

The pump's easier and more flexible for you and O. Much more so. Ingrid, Erik, and Baby Bjorn wouldn't go back to injections and I sure won't. Kent T can't see shots in his future. Glad to see O sporting a Pump. Tell Marc I said Hi.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Penny Ratzlaff said...

Riley's been on a pump for 3 years now. He's terrified to go back to injections (as am I).

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the pump. (As much as you can enjoy a medical device.)

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home